If you know me a little then you know cooking is not my forte: it’s not an activity that I particularly enjoy doing solo; however there is something special about cooking with your little ones. Catherine LOVES helping out in the kitchen: she can pretend to wash dishes for hours; the kitchen gets literally flooded but she has so much fun and I’m then able to do stuff: I say it’s a good compromise.
We don’t have the luck to live in a country where the sun is shining often so we spend lots of time indoors and baking has become our favorite mummy-daughter activity.
Catherine puts her little apron on which is such a vintage piece as it was my mum’s, then mine for when I used to go to my grandparents’ house and now it’s hers: it always puts a smile on my face when I see her wearing it.
Annabel Karmel has made the task to find a recipe that is suitable for little ones effortless thanks to her app which we rely on so much lately. It features a good array of choices for babies, toddlers and for the whole family.
This time we decided to go for the gluten free Cranberry & White Chocolate Cookies and we loved them. Catherine was super sweet as she saved some for her teacher too!
Now to the recipe:
- 150 gr lighlty suited butter at room temperature
- 150 gr brown soft sugar
- 1 egg, lighlty beaten
- vanilla extract
- 150 g gluten free white flour, sifted
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 100 gr white chocolate chopped
- 50 gr dried cranberries
- water as needed
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and prepare your baking tray with some oven paper.
- In a bowl beat butter and sugar until they get creamy and pale.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract little by little and beat until everything is combined.
- Stir in the flour, white chocolate, cranberries, baking powder and water until throughly combined. Pour a tablespoon of the mixture onto your tray and be careful to leave enough space as they will spread while cooking.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then wait for a couple of minute before storing them to allow them to cool down.
You can also combine all the ingredients in a pretty jar, write the recipe on a pretty piece of pacer and use them as a little gift: such a cute idea!
You can download the Annabel Karmel app here.
(Post in Collaboration with Annabel Karmel).