Imagine yourself coming home from an intense shopping session, what is better than a “pick me up” warm beverage to sip slowly while lighting some candles? It doesn’t get better than that right? Well, I think that Eggnog latte has Christmas written all over it and it surely is one of my favourite beverages for the festive season (and the cold months that will follow).
Here is an easy recipe to make your own eggnog, the creaminess of this drink is amazing. So indulge in a cup of creamy heaven, whipped cream is compulsory!
INGREDIENTS PER ONE CUP:
- 2 shoots of espresso
- 1/3 cup of whole milk
- 2/3 cup of eggnog (I found mine at Ocado)
- Half tsp of cinnamon
- Half tsp of freshly grated nutmeg (the fresh one has so much more flavour then the already grinded!)
- Sugar as per your taste
- Whipped cream (the more the merrier!)
- Pour all the ingredients (minus the coffee) in a saucepan and warm up on low heat.
- Turn off the heat and add the coffee, mix and pour into a festive mug, add whipped cream and sprinkle a generous dose of cinnamon and nutmeg on top.
- For an added cheerful festive touch, serve the latte on a wooden board which you can decorate with battery operated fairly lights, cinnamon sticks, and cinnamon powder.
N.B. This beverage is also a perfect dessert for your guests, you can use decaf coffee instead and serve with mince pie and clotted cream for a truly indulgent experience.