I love pumpkin spice latte, in fact it’s fair to say I’m obsessed. I feel so lucky to live in a country where we do have it is considered THE autumnal beverage!
Unfortunately, as Harvey doesn’t like to be out and about, I don’t get many occasions to slowly sip my latte while strolling through crispy leaves. That’s why I decided to make my own and enjoy my guilty pleasure anytime I please.
If you fancy a try then here is a fool proof recipe and it only takes 10 minutes.
Ingredients for 2:
- 500 ml milk (you can use soya,coconut, almond or any kind of milk you like)
- 2,5 teaspoons of pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon of sugar (you can add more but I don’t like my beverage too sweet)
- 1.5 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Half teaspoon of pumpkin spice mix
- 250 ml black coffee
- Whipped cream
Warm up the milk, the sugar and the pumpkin puree in a saucepan until hot. Turn off the heat and add the pumpkin pie spice, the vanilla and piping hot coffee. Stir well to blend all the ingredients. Pour in two pretty mugs and enjoy it with a generous amount of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
This latte tastes fabulous if accompanied by a warm cinnamon bun.
My other autumnal recipe:
- Pumpkin spice apple crumble, click here.