I wanted to make a pumpkin cake for ages and finally I managed to give it a try and OMG, this is the best cake I’ve ever managed to bake. It was delicious and perfect for the kids thanks to its shape. However, be aware! Those little squares are too addictive.
This cake is lusciously moist and perfect for the autumn, convinced to give it a try? I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.
- 4 large eggs
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2,5 teaspoons grinded cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can of pumpkin puree
- 2 cups flour
For the cream cheese frosting:
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1 package of cream cheese, I have used the Laughing Cow ones as they make the texture thicker but any soft cheese will do really
- 1/4 cup of softened butter
- 2 spoonfuls of milk
- orange food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Grease a 15×10 baking tray with butter
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, the oil, the sugar and the pumpkin until the texture becomes smooth. Add the flour, the baking soda, the baking powder, the salt, the cloves and the cinnamon and mix the batter until the consistency is even
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, continuously checking with a toothpick for a perfect result.
- Beat the cheese, the milk, the butter, the pumpkin spic mix and the vanilla on low speed until the texture becomes spreadable, add the food colouring.
- Cut the cake into little bars and decorate them with the frosting.
Enjoy throughly and don’t eat it all in one go!
My other autumnal recipes:
Pumpkin spice latte, click here
Pumpkin spice apple crumble, click here